Thursday, December 18, 2014

Introducing: Team Potosí 2015


Greetings friends! 
I’m pleased to introduce to you our team for 2015!  I really do believe that God handpicks our teams each year...and this year I’m really excited about our team.  It’s a diverse bunch of people even though all but three of us are natives of Bolivia! I’m praying for these brothers and sisters, and I ask you also to Please, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEASE pray for us. :) There are a few others that are still on the fence for one reason or another so I ask you to pray for them too.  If you would like to help buy donations or help team members that need funds to pay their way please let me know.  I’ll be happy to get more information to you.  We will be gone for a week the beginning of January. 
Without further ado, here’s your team (subject to change--hopefully only additions!!):



Dr. Jorge is originally from Potosí and received the Lord while in medical school in Sucre.  He started Red Vida de Esperanza after he began visiting rural communities and seeing the physical and spiritual needs.  

Eduardo is from La Paz but has lived in Cochabamba for many years now. He is a mechanic, three time alumni of Potosí trips, and is a huge help getting teams where they need to be. He currently working in the jungle and returns weekends to help at his church here in the city. 




 I am Christina, I have been living in Bolivia for the last year
and a half ministering to children. I love this beautiful country and
it's people so much and feel so blessed to have the opportunity to
share Christ's love with the children of Cochabamba everyday. I am
looking forward to this trip and the the opportunity to share Jesus
with even more of God's precious little ones in Potosi.


Cristian lives in Cochabamba and is finishing up his college degree in accounting.  He works for International Tribal Mission and enjoys the opportunity to travel to various communities that they work in and help as needed. He attends an international church and plays guitar. 


Katie is from Colorado and has lived in Cochabamba for 6 years now.  She is taking seminary courses on the side, but her main role is as profesora at an after school program in a community on the outskirts of town.  One of her big accomplishments this year has been getting her bolivian drivers’ license and a car! She is also proud aunt of Matias!
Jesael is studying engineering at the university in Santa Cruz.  He is involved in OANSA (AWANA) at church and is probably the best person I’ve met yet at inviting people to go on the Potosí trip-even though he hasn’t gone yet!  For that I hope it’s a super experience for him. 

Ruth is from Santa Cruz.  She's studying Psychology in the university and likes to sing, read, and create!

Raquel is Ruth's older sister. She is also in the university in Santa Cruz.  This will be her first trip to Potosí, but not her first experience working with children.
Kristen.  This is my 9th trip to Potosí and I’m so thankful to the Lord for the opportunity to travel once again.  I love the time to see what God is up to even days away from the city and so far from the comforts it provides.  I love to share with the kids from the Word of God, see the church leaders so eager to learn, and experience a culture so very different from my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment