Friday, October 26, 2012

Introducing: Team 2012-2013!


LAURA V.
I'm 22 years old and this is my 4th year studying social education at a local university here in Cochabamba. I have 2 younger brothers and both of my parents are teachers. I love working with kids and teenagers, and am able to do that every Saturday afternoon with some neighborhood kids that come over to play during my family's Kids' Club. This will be my 3rd trip to Potosi and I CAN'T wait to go back and see what cool adventures the Lord has for us this time around! :)

Cristi C.
 Cristi is from Idaho.  She recently graduated from NTBI and is interning this year helping in the office and grading assignments.  She is my star Spanish student and is very excited to experience Bolivia.
KATIE S.
I've been living in Cochabamba for the last 4 and a half years, and am currently a teacher at The Friendship and Support Center, working with second graders.  Most of my family lives in Colorado, but my sweet little nephew Matias lives here in Cochabamba.  I have a passion for Quechua and the unreached people of Potosí and am really looking forward to my third return trip to the campo of Potosí!


Kristina T.
 Kristina is 21 years old and lives in Denmark.  She has lived in Bolivia volunteering at a preschool and then travelled through South america before returning to Denmark where she hopes to continue her education and pursue a career in the medical field.
Rachel H. 
My name is Rachel Holeman, and I was born in San Jose, Costa Rica while my parents were attending language school.  My parents then moved to Bolivia to be missionaries, and this is where I spent the first 6 years of my life.  God then called my parents back to the United States, and I have spent the majority of my life in South Carolina.  I have had the opportunity to attend church my whole life and also attend Christian school for a majority of my life, giving me a very strong Biblical foundation.  Jesus forgave my sins and made me a new person when I was 5 years old.  Since then, I have seen God work in my life through people and experiences to deepen my relationship with Him.  I have a deep passion for serving Him by loving His people.  
I am currently a senior pre-medical student at North Greenville University and plan to go on to medical school to become a pediatrician.  I hope to use my education in medical missions, showing God’s love to people by providing medical care.  My passions include serving people, playing softball, hiking, working as a camp counselor, and spending time with friends and family.  Two summers ago, I had the opportunity to return to Bolivia for 6 weeks, serving at a hospital, orphanages, and in a missionary family’s home.  I fell in love with the people and Bolivian culture!  When the opportunity arose to return to Bolivia this January, I was thrilled.  I am so excited to see what God will do through and amongst our team!


Kristen P.
This will be my 5th time to Bolivia.  I've been leading trips since 2009 and I'm humbled to be the person to introduce others to this lovely country and encouraging ministry.  I'm currently finishing my last year at New Tribes Bible Institute and hoping to continue training to be a missionary to unreached people groups after completing training with NTM.  

Katie P. 
Katie is my twin sister! This will be her first trip to Bolivia.  She works as a direct care staff with 160 mentally disabled people in Texas.  She hopes to continue her schooling to become a Nurse/Physicians Assistant.

**Not pictured: Mariel T.  Will correct with photo and bio asap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment