Sunday, December 22, 2013

An alumni writes!

This is from Julie (who's in the middle in the pink jacket) who went to Potosi with us in 2012.


My favorite part about Bolivia was while we were in Potosi. We had just hiked to a village and then spent some time with the people, played games with Carlos and his son, and helped out Dr. Jorge with various things. They said we would have a church service that night too, but when it had gotten late and we still hadn't had any kind of church, I assumed we were skipping it. But it turns out, people just had to travel very very far to come for church and they were on their way! I don't remember what time it started, but it was late, and I was tired and freezing (Aka, not having the best attitude)! But then we started and God blew my mind. He taught me that night how beautiful it is to meet with people who have a common goal of worshipping the Savior and how often I take that for granted. I couldn't understand basically any of what was going on, but that was maybe the best part. God knows every language and is pleased when His people praise Him. Despite the cold and the uncomfortable seats, that was seriously one of the best "church services" I've ever been to. Seeing these people travel for hours, in the freezing cold, through mountains, to meet with fellow believers was so cool and helped me realize that God is worth it, no matter who you are, where you live, or what language you speak. God opens and softens hearts and uses any situation to glorify His name!
Romans 10: 8b-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment